By Charlie Johnston
The establishment media has carefully avoided giving any coverage to the preliminary hearing in the criminal case the California Atty. Gen.’s office brought against David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt in their undercover journalism project to reveal Planned Parenthood (PP) and other abortion outlets sale of the organs of aborted babies for profit. The sale of such parts for profit is illegal throughout the country.
Obviously, if the news were good for Planned Parenthood and its allies – and bad for Daleiden, it would be front-page news all across the country. That the establishment media is effectively blacking it out tells you who is taking the hits. Even so, the revelations are so horrific that some are bleeding out despite the media’s best efforts to keep it mum.
We have learned, over the course of this hearing, that many outlets were, indeed, using the organs of aborted babies as a profit center. We have learned that former Obama Atty. Gen. Loretta Lynch pushed the California AG’s office to target and prosecute Daleiden. We have learned that abortionists endangered women’s lives by doing more dangerous means of aborting their babies in order to get preferred types of intact tissue. We have learned how extensively the California AG’s office worked with PP to support laws which they could use to “get” Daleiden and Merritt. We have learned how closely PP and the AG’s office jointly coordinated the planning of this prosecution.
Most horribly, we have learned that the beating hearts supplied to research centers were harvested from living, born babies. The reality is so horrific that Dr. Forrest Smith, a California abortionist whose career spans many decades, took the stand to testify to that reality. Dr. Smith initially intended to expose Daleiden as a fraud – but when he realized what PP and its allies are doing, he was horrified. He is a witness friendly to Daleiden now, convinced that these barbaric practices must be stopped. Some of the babies, fully born and living, are killed by the dissection process itself. How depraved does a person have to be to see a living, distressed baby and, instead of cuddling it, instead cut it open with a scalpel and tear its heart out? This is truly an evil worthy of Nazi doctor Josef Mengele. When I wrote, a few months back, that I had learned something so shocking that I couldn’t sleep for several nights, this is what I was talking about. Most of the people who kill these babies through dissection are women. How dead must you make your conscience, your humanity, to do this and consider it all just part of a day’s work?
LifeSite News has given the best, most comprehensive coverage of the preliminary hearing. Breitbart has done yeoman work as well – and the revelations have been shocking enough that Fox News, National Review, and the Federalist have weighed in, along with sporadic coverage from other outlets. Keep in mind that this was just a probable cause hearing – which will determine whether the criminal case can go to trial at all. It was peculiar that the California AG chose to go the route of a preliminary hearing rather than use a grand jury to indict and go directly to trial. With a grand jury indictment, which a competent prosecutor can get for almost anything, the dirty laundry would not have been exposed so soon. I suspect three things were going on:
- The AG and PP wanted to get an idea just how much Daleiden and his team already knew before going to an actual trial.
- The AG was hoping to tank the case and get it thrown out before having to go to an actual trial, where it will be harder to hide the ugly truth of all this (though heaven knows, the media has gotten very adept at hiding facts that damage the left.)
- There is an intense game of chicken going on here. At some point, the AG figured it has a disaster of a case. PP puts a LOT of money into politics – yet is completely unaware of how damaging all of this stuff is. It has gotten its way by bullying opponents for many decades now and is certain that tactic will still work. None of the rational leftist officials wants to become the subject of PP’s ire – for though it can’t help anybody much anymore, it can still hurt old allies a lot. So the AG wants to make the judge, Christopher Hite, the scapegoat for this case tanking. Judge Hite, who I think is a left-leaning but genuinely honorable judge, sees this game and lets it play out to illustrate, as it all implodes, that the AG had no business bringing this case in the first place.
Judge Hite will decide in the next month whether the case can go forward to trial or whether to…um…abort it. I am convinced that the AG’s frontline prosecutors are deeply hoping Hite tosses the case. The judge may well consider that all he really needed to come out to show what a misfire this case was from the start has come out – so I give it a 50/50 shot that he will toss it.
Meantime, the federal civil case that PP has against Daleiden goes to trial in just a couple of weeks. That is an even more disastrous case for PP than this state criminal case is. My perception is that Judge William Orrick, who is a judge completely supportive of PP, has tried to give the abortionists several graceful opportunities to bow out over the last few months. But PP is utterly convinced that its raw muscle makes it invincible, so has not taken the hint. I really look forward to the civil trial, as I think it will be an utter humiliation for PP and the National Abortion Federation (NAF) – and will be brutally hard for the establishment media to ignore.
Though PP and the media think it can hide the death camp level of depravity that infuses abortion centers, they would be well-advised to heed the counsel of America’s 2nd President, John Adams, who famously said while legally defending soldiers from the Boston Massacre – deeply unpopular defendants – that, “Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.” Adams won his case.
I am glad of the hubris and arrogance of PP. I am convinced that the commencement of this preliminary hearing was the commencement of the fall of Planned Parenthood. We know who they are. It is being revealed through this hearing and more to come. Now, each of us must choose who we are. And all of us will have to give account for what we choose.
I will speak in Kansas City on Saturday night beginning at 6:45. Details are below. If you are in the area, I hope to see you there:
- September 21 (Saturday) – 6:45 pm (Rosary), 7:00 pm (Talk)
- Irene B. French Community Center – Jenks Gym
- (near IKEA at I-35 and Johnson Drive)
- 5701 Merriam Dr. , Merriam KS 66203
- Contact Connie at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 913-248-0686